Geo-targeting is an important aspect of online advertising that is often overlooked. For boat rentals, geo-targeting can be the difference between reaching your target market and missing out on customers. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the importance of geo-targeting for boat rentals and how you can use it to reach more customers. We’ll also provide some tips for using geo-targeting to improve your boat rental business.
1. What is geo-targeting and why is it important for boat rental businesses?
Geo-targeting is the perfect way to ensure you’re delivering content specific to your target audience. You can set up geographically targeted ads so that they only appear near areas where people might want them, like when someone visits from an IP address or Wi-Fi location.
This allows you to save on advertising budget by not targeting areas outside of your boat rental business’ service area. Additionally, geo-targeting can help boat rental companies show ads to people within your target market, which in turn will improve your marketing efforts and grow your customer base.
A more specific type of geotargeting is radius targeting. With radius targeting, you can target consumers in a more specific location. You can do this with your Google My Business account by setting up the radius around your business locations—you’ll want to adjust bid prices accordingly so that when people enter within these parameters (based on what distance they are), then they receive more ad impressions than usual which will result in higher conversion rates.
2. How does geo-targeting work and what are the benefits for boat rental businesses?
Geo-targeting works by using IP addresses to determine a user’s location. When an ad is served to a user, the geo-targeting information is used to ensure that the user sees relevant ads. Geo-targeting can be used for both online and offline marketing campaigns.
Geotargeting is a great way to reach the right audience and create more engaging ads. Here are some reasons why boat rental companies should opt for this strategy:
- Hide offers and promotions from competitors: give out exclusive offers for renting a boat without having it copied from your competitors. Hiding ads is possible with a mix of geotargeting and IP exclusion.
- Increase dominance locally: relevancy is king when it comes to advertising. Being local and relevant will make sure that you stay visible in a targeted audience’s search for boats, which can help push your business forward.
- You can optimize ads and reduce human error: for instance, high chances people are searching for boat rentals in Naples, when they are in Bonita Springs. With geotargeting, you have the option to go as specific or broad as you like.
3. How can you use geo-targeting to improve your boat rental business’ marketing efforts and grow your customer base?
There are several ways boat rental businesses can use geo-targeting to improve their marketing efforts and grow their customer base.
- Set up geographically targeted ads: By setting up geographically targeted ads, boat rental businesses can ensure that their ads are only seen by people within their target market. Boat rentals can leverage the opportunity to show ads with people and languages that the area can resonate with most.
- Use geo-targeting for offline marketing campaigns: Geo-targeting can also be used for offline marketing campaigns, such as direct mail or print advertising. By giving out specific content as per the audience, such as giving out relevant offers as per the area, boat rentals have a higher chance of increasing the conversion rate.
- Advertise relevant visuals with geo-targeting: boat rental companies need to be aware of the type and style of boats that people demand in specific areas. Geo-targeting will allow them to advertise different products depending on where they’re marketing, maximizing sales along with it.
Need to get a Geo-Targeting Strategy in Place?
Boat Marketing Pros can help you make the most out of online ads to grow your sales and increase conversions. Contact us today or schedule a call now to get started with your online ads strategy.
Not ready yet? Browse our resources to learn more about digital marketing strategies that can help you grow your business!